Urbex-Leeds - Yorkshire & Leeds Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome To UrbexLeeds - Leeds & Yorkshire Forums
UrbexLeeds Is Changing.....Please Excuse Our Mess
Register Now To Use The UrbexLeeds Forums
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Anyone feel the need to be MOD?
Anyone feel the need to be MOD? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 6:14 pm by meanwood_monks
Been thinking about this for a while now.

Some of you guys/gals have been here since day 1. Cheers for all your support over this time.
Was wondering if anyone was wanting to keep an eye on things and have MOD rights here.

Comments: 15
Latest topics
» Low Mill, Keighley, Dec 08 8 pics and 1 painting
Anyone feel the need to be MOD? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 8:37 pm by Herb 'n' Myth

» Goyden Pot tunnel/Nidd Valley railway
Anyone feel the need to be MOD? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 5:51 am by phill.d

» Dalton Mills Keighley
Anyone feel the need to be MOD? I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 11:46 am by dervish99

» Disused passenger subway, Horbury, Yorks, Jan '09 10 snaps
Anyone feel the need to be MOD? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 4:52 pm by Assassini

» The Batley Carr tunnel May '09 9 pictures
Anyone feel the need to be MOD? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 4:50 pm by Assassini

» Various tunnels, pipes, caves and orifice related shizzle, West Yorkshire Jan-May 0'9 15 pics
Anyone feel the need to be MOD? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 4:46 pm by Assassini

» Epic 12 mile tunnel explore under the Pennines
Anyone feel the need to be MOD? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 4:41 pm by Assassini

» Anyone feel the need to be MOD?
Anyone feel the need to be MOD? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 1:04 pm by urbexmonks

» Midland Mills Bradford march 2010
Anyone feel the need to be MOD? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 1:52 pm by COOPSLEEDS

» Thorpe Marsh Doncaster (pic heavy) March 2010
Anyone feel the need to be MOD? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 1:50 pm by COOPSLEEDS

» Mollett Catering Supplies aka Thompson Mill, Bradford
Anyone feel the need to be MOD? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 2:52 pm by Bucolic

» Healey Mills Goods Yard (29 images)
Anyone feel the need to be MOD? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 2:51 am by urbexsoiler

» Healey Mills goods yard, Horbury - May '09
Anyone feel the need to be MOD? I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 4:46 pm by james-dolan

» Mollets - Bradford
Anyone feel the need to be MOD? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 11:00 am by james-dolan

» Victoria & Hunslet Mills, Leeds- June 09
Anyone feel the need to be MOD? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 10:50 am by Mexico75

» thorpe marsh power station jan 10
Anyone feel the need to be MOD? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 3:52 am by Canonite101

» another Eastmoor set (3rd Jan 2009) - my first explore.
Anyone feel the need to be MOD? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 1:44 am by budlight

» Firth Vickers, Staybrite Works, Sheffield -Nov 09
Anyone feel the need to be MOD? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 6:59 pm by Mexico75

» Hunslet Mills, Leeds - December 2009
Anyone feel the need to be MOD? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 1:13 pm by james-dolan

» Thackley Tunnel - 19&22/11/09 (10 Pictures)
Anyone feel the need to be MOD? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 12:29 am by sqwasher

» Eastmoor Secure Unit - 05/04/09 - 9 Pictures
Anyone feel the need to be MOD? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 1:11 pm by 02006

» Wapping Road First School, Bradford Feb '09 12 snaps
Anyone feel the need to be MOD? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 4:10 pm by james-dolan

» Middleton Hospital, Ilkley June 2009 (19 photos)
Anyone feel the need to be MOD? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 12:53 am by sqwasher

» Middleton Hospital Ilkley 9/8/09 10 pics
Anyone feel the need to be MOD? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 12:30 am by sqwasher

» Hunslet & Victoria Mills - Leeds - June 2009
Anyone feel the need to be MOD? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 3:02 am by Canonite101

» Lost towers and forgotten ruins, West Yorkshire, July '09 19 snaps
Anyone feel the need to be MOD? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 12:23 pm by Rich

» C.F. Booths Rotherham scrap yard
Anyone feel the need to be MOD? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 2:58 am by phill.d

» Ballard Hall, Sheffield May '09 8 snaps
Anyone feel the need to be MOD? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 4:43 am by Rich

» Elsecar Low Pit May '09 3 pictures
Anyone feel the need to be MOD? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 5:12 am by meanwood_monks

» Denaby Main Pit Bathouse - South Yorkshire - May 2009
Anyone feel the need to be MOD? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 6:33 am by Trousercowboy

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Urbex-Leeds - Yorkshire & Leeds Forums on your social bookmarking website

Go down 
+3
Mexico75
phill.d
meanwood_monks
7 posters
AuthorMessage
meanwood_monks
Admin
Admin

Anyone feel the need to be MOD? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone feel the need to be MOD?   Anyone feel the need to be MOD? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 6:14 pm

Been thinking about this for a while now.

Some of you guys/gals have been here since day 1. Cheers for all your support over this time.
Was wondering if anyone was wanting to keep an eye on things and have MOD rights here.

Im going to streamline things a little in the next few days and have just "Leeds" and "Yorkshire". Making things a little simpler.

Its a lot to ask I know but I also know some of you have more time for this than me, and would like to see UrbexLeeds survive.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
https://urbexleeds.forumotion.com
phill.d
UL Member
UL Member
phill.d

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feel the need to be MOD?   Anyone feel the need to be MOD? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 3:17 am

I think you deffo need to make some changes mate, or input, new ideas whatever. There's enough people joining to say hello. But very little, if any reports, anything else happening. It's no criticism. Just how it seems to have worked out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/
Mexico75
UL Member
UL Member
Mexico75

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feel the need to be MOD?   Anyone feel the need to be MOD? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 10:47 am

God knows whats happened, the site comes up as the first 10 odd results if you type urbex, leeds, urban exploration etc into google, but it still doesn't seem to get any traffic confused Thing is all these new people say hello and then never come back, theres only a very small minority of people who post any actual explores on here. I'd volunteer but I'm allready an admin on another forum.
Back to top Go down
meanwood_monks
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feel the need to be MOD?   Anyone feel the need to be MOD? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 6:45 pm

yea im in the process of a revamp but do need some help on the up keep side of things
Back to top Go down
meanwood_monks
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feel the need to be MOD?   Anyone feel the need to be MOD? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 7:52 pm

Still working on getting the forum up to scratch.
If things are lost or all over the place let me know and I can sort it out.
Cheers for your support people
Back to top Go down
Mexico75
UL Member
UL Member
Mexico75

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feel the need to be MOD?   Anyone feel the need to be MOD? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 2:06 pm

looking good so far Very Happy
Back to top Go down
awwrisp
UrbexLeeds Regular
UrbexLeeds Regular
awwrisp

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feel the need to be MOD?   Anyone feel the need to be MOD? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 2:50 pm

Good to see you back pal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/awwrisp/
meanwood_monks
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feel the need to be MOD?   Anyone feel the need to be MOD? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 3:33 pm

cheers awwrisp.
Need to do a lot of work still.

So today ive been busy reorganizing the forum structure and moving posts.

Any ideas or input would be great at this point as I hope to get this mostly finished tonight/tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
phill.d
UL Member
UL Member
phill.d

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feel the need to be MOD?   Anyone feel the need to be MOD? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 4:38 pm

Nice work so far mate, It's looking good. The forum got left unatended for too long. It's hard to sort things out when there left to there own devices later. But good work so far Smile
Good choice with aiming for a bigger audience, including Yorkshire. Urbex Leeds is a very small area, aimed at a specific audience.

In my opinion (stressed..only my opinion) By calling the form Urbex Leeds, it has limited the number of people who would have joined/contributed to the group and kept it going. You'll also find the same reports been posted over, and over again. Repetitiveness soon creeps in.
I think a forum name change is deffo needed with the upgrade to attract a wider/targeted audience Cool
Back to top Go down
sqwasher
UrbexLeeds Regular
UrbexLeeds Regular
sqwasher

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feel the need to be MOD?   Anyone feel the need to be MOD? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 12:19 am

Yep looking good so far-a bit more 'jazzed up' but still retaining a good easy to follow layout-not had any trouble navigating around the site so far. Should the sub-sections for the Yorkshire region have the same catagories as the Leeds sub-sections? Also will anything be added to the demo'd & old reports sections? Maybe that's the bit you're working on & i've jumped the gun. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwasher/    &   http://www.flickr.
meanwood_monks
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feel the need to be MOD?   Anyone feel the need to be MOD? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 10:30 am

yea been busy reorganizing things takes a hell of a lot longer than I thought :S
Im going away now for a few days but will be monday night, hopefully have this done buy the end of next week.

Still a lot of reorganizing and shuffling around. Glad people are liking the layout.
As regards UrbexLeeds name. Im still thinking its good, weve got yorkshire & leeds forums in the title etc, but maybe "Urbex.L.Y."? "Urbex Leeds & Yorkshire"?
Its all going to rattle round my head over the bank holiday, so please feel free to have your say.
Back to top Go down
phill.d
UL Member
UL Member
phill.d

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feel the need to be MOD?   Anyone feel the need to be MOD? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 12:05 pm

I still think you would be waisting your time, and effort trying to revive, and build the site if you were to keep the name Urbex Leeds!
(or having Leeds anywhere included in the name)
It looks like it's aimed at, and biased only towards Leeds guys, and explores only. Also changing the name emphasises the new look/relaunch to good effect.
You'd be more likely to attract the non local guys, who already dismissed using Urbex Leeds the first time around too.

The site has already died once because of it I.M.O. No one is more proud of Leeds than me, but the urbex scene around Leeds hasn't the pulling power to sustain an interesting, varied, or well used forum.

I know your thinking about adding Yorkshire to the name. But as all good marketing people will tell you. The name and branding is what sells to your audience. It does what it says on the tin e.t.c. If you want a bigger audience, as much as i hate to say it you have to drop Leeds from the name. Otherwise all your going to get is repetitive reports from Hunslet Mills, Eastmoor, Bramham chidrens home, and a few other of the old regular places. Guys will soon get bored and stop using, and visiting the forum.
(which has already happened)
People do a lot of urbex related searches on the net, you need the Google search engine as your friend mate Very Happy

It would be good to hear what you have in mind for content too, is it to be an U.E only forum, or would other sites, heritage e.t.c be included? Personally i prefer this kind of thing. It adds variety to the site for interest. There's only so many pics of the same long corridors, with flakey paint you can look at Sleep
A good mod team could easily weed out the rubbish stuff to a bin section.

Just my opinions of course, but valid points for you to consider Idea
It would be good to hear any other thoughts on it.
Back to top Go down
phill.d
UL Member
UL Member
phill.d

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feel the need to be MOD?   Anyone feel the need to be MOD? I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 8:50 am

Anything happening on this front yet guys?
Back to top Go down
Mexico75
UL Member
UL Member
Mexico75

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feel the need to be MOD?   Anyone feel the need to be MOD? I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 11:29 am

I doubt very much it would succed as a national forum, very few do and there are already to many out there as it is. It's local theme was its original selling point, maybe re-name it with Yorkshire instead of Leeds but thats about it. It depends what you want from the site, you could try and go national but you'd be competeing with large already well established sites, or keep it as it was originally planned, as a small but close knit busy forum where local explorers can share sites and info.
Back to top Go down
COOPSLEEDS

COOPSLEEDS

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feel the need to be MOD?   Anyone feel the need to be MOD? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 6:21 am

its such a shame seeing the forum dying a death i think the forum needs to be taken over by someone with more time and ideas ....though like Mex says for me i,d keep it as Leeds a site for Leeds explorers
Back to top Go down
urbexmonks

urbexmonks

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feel the need to be MOD?   Anyone feel the need to be MOD? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 1:04 pm

hi any one done timber tops in east ardsley ok ste but bit wecked Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feel the need to be MOD?   Anyone feel the need to be MOD? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Urbex-Leeds - Yorkshire & Leeds Forums :: General :: Announcements & News-
Jump to: